91.99$91.99Acidophilus Ultra’s special formula of probiotics from New Roots Herbal is hypo-allergenic and… Show MoreAcidophilus Ultra’s special formula of probiotics from New Roots Herbal is hypo-allergenic and gluten free. Importantly, we use an advanced w
- Non GMO
- Delivers the most advanced probiotic formula in Europe, Asia, and North America
- Boosts immune system function against cold and flu
- Prevention of many serious diseases
- Better use of protein, fat, minerals and vitamins
- Improves digestibility, absorption, and solubilization
- Enhances action of pepsin (for people suffering from hypochlorhydria)
- Improves bowel movement
- Synthesizes vitamins
- Removes free radicals
- Increases beta-galactosidase activity and lactose fermentation
- Balances intestinal functions
- Promotes growth and health by creating a more efficient use of the bioavailability of nutrients
- Improves lactose tolerance
Acidophilus Ultra is a synergistic blend of 11 probiotics and 11 billion live active cells to combat digestive disturbances, diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating, and lactose intolerance. With PH⁵D enteric coating.
Each of the 11 different probiotic cultures gives you a special benefit, and each probiotic culture is delivered to a unique reception site along the intestines to make you healthier.
Acidophilus Ultra’s special formula of probiotics from New Roots Herbal is hypoallergenic and gluten-free. Importantly, we use an advanced water-based PH⁵D enteric coating. PH⁵D coating ensures capsule contents survive stomach acids and are slowly released in the intestines only. This ensures the highest survival rate of the probiotic contents, which yields the highest therapeutic benefit. This coating offers the choice to be taken on an empty stomach or with foods to deliver full potency beyond what can be obtained from fortified yoghurts, tablets, powders, or capsules without enteric coating.
Probiotics play a major role in building the immune system, keeping your intestines clean, combating Candida yeast infections, regulating constipation or diarrhea, and increasing the bioavailability of essential nutrients to form superior quality blood and overall health. Taking probiotics is essential after antibiotic treatment, as they replenish the immune-regulating intestinal flora destroyed by them.
Acidophilus Ultra combines 11 effective strains that are synergistic to each other and deliver benefits at different important sites along the intestinal tract. Acidophilus Ultra is well-tolerated with lactose sensitivity and contains only 2 mcg of lactose per capsule. Compare this with a 250 mL glass of milk (1% to 3.25% milk fat), which contains 12,000,000 mcg (12 g) of lactose.ater based PH5D enteric coating. PH5D coating ensures capsule contents survive stomach acids and are slowly released in the intestines only. This ensures the highest survival rate of the probiotic contents which yields the highest therapeutic benefit. This coating offers the choice to be taken on an empty stomach or with foods to deliver full potency beyond what can be obtained from fortified yoghurts, tablets, powders or capsules without enteric coating.Probiotics play a major role in building the immune system, keeping your intestines clean, combating Candida yeast infections, regulating constipation or diarrhea, and increasing the bioavailability of essential nutrients to form superior quality blood and overall health. Taking probiotics is essential after antibiotic treatment, as they replenish the immune regulating intestinal flora destroyed by them.Acidophilus Ultra combines 10 effective strains that are synergistic to each other and deliver benefits at different important sites along the intestinal tract. Acidophilus Ultra is well tolerated with lactose sensitivity and contains only 2 micrograms of lactose per capsule.SUPPLEMENT FACTS: Probiotic that contributes to a natural healthy gut flora.Each PH5D natural enteric coated vegetable capsule contains 11 cultures of 11 billion live active healthy cells: Lactobacillus acidophilus (R0148) 605 million CFU Lactobacillus helveticus (R0052) 550 million CFU Lactobacillus plantarum (R1012) 440 million CFU Lactobacillus casei (R0215) 440 million CFU Bifidobacterium longum (R0175) 330 million CFU Bifidobacterium infantis (R0033) 330 million CFU Bifidobacterium breve (R0070) 330 million CFU Lactobacillus rhamnosus (R1039) 3.3 billion CFU Lactobacillus rhamnosus (R0011) 4.4 billion CFU
Also contains :Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (R9001) 55 million CFU Streptococcus salivarius subsp. thermophilus (R0083) 220 million CFUSUGGESTED USE:Take 1-2 capsules daily.WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:If intestinal problems occur discontinue use, gluten free.
40.46$40.46HMF Powder Live microorganisms to benefit adult and children-s intestinal health Probiotic that … Show More
- Live microorganisms to benefit adult and children-s intestinal health
- Probiotic that contributes to a natural healthy gut flora
- Helps support gastrointestinal health
- Provides 22 billion CFU per daily dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
- Includes 1760 mg of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) per daily dose HMF Powder is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that promotes intestinal health in adults and children.
MF Powder is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that promotes intestinal health in adults and children. The intestinal microbiota, which contains more than 400 bacterial species, can be altered by antibiotic use, aging, and premature or caesarean births. The intestines are critical barriers that selectively allow absorption or promote the excretion of dangerous compounds, and their function depends on a healthy bacterial balance. The most commonly used probiotics are Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, which are safe for both adults and children. They effectively colonize the intestines; however, once their ingestion ends, their counts decrease or disappear. Probiotics promote the presence of beneficial bacteria by competing with pathogens for colonization of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition to decreasing the survival of pathogenic bacteria by reducing the pH, probiotics reinforce the epithelial barrier. They control permeability by mediating tight junction integrity, and prevent pathogenic adherence to epithelial cells by increasing mucin release on intestinal surfaces. Synbiotic products support the growth of bacteria already living in the colon, and enhance the growth and survival of supplemented probiotic strains.
1. Nagpal, R, Yadav, H, Kumar, M, Jain, S, Yamashiro, Y, Marotta, F. (2013). In Otles, S. (Ed.), Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 1-24). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
2. Lyra A, Tiihonen K, Lehtinen MJ, Ouwehand AC. (2013). In Otles, S. (Ed.), Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 156-178). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
3. Thomas, DW, Greer, FR. Pediatrics. 2010; 126(6): 1217-1231.
4. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
5. Saavedra, JM. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 2007; 22: 351-365.
38.18$38.18HMF Child Blackcurrant Moderate level probiotic ideal for children Contributes to a natural hea… Show More
- Moderate level probiotic ideal for children
- Contributes to a natural healthy gut flora
- Provides 12.5 billion CFU per dose
- Chewable tablet with natural blackcurrant flavour
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- No FOS
HMF Child probiotic formula is a moderate level probiotic combination providing Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus salivarius and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis, which help support a healthy gut flora in children.Show Less
27.97$27.97Critical Care Probiotic 55 Billion Formulated to provide critical care for acute needs Replenis… Show More
Critical Care Probiotic
- Formulated to provide critical care for acute needs
- Replenishes good bacteria and combats antibiotic-associated gastrointestinal distress
- L. paracasei and L. acidophilus improve resistance to MRSA, Clostridium difficile, and other opportunistic pathogens
- Includes L. rhamnosus and B. longum, which enhance immune function, and B. animalis subsp. lactis, which reduces the production of pro-inflammatory substances
- Guaranteed potency of 55 billion colony forming units, even at expiry
Natural Factors Critical Care Probiotic 55 Billion Active Cells is a 9-strain formula that includes five strains of Bifidobacteria and four strains of Lactobacilli, providing powerful support for gastrointestinal and immune system health. This potent formulation includes L. paracasei, L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, L. plantarum, and B. bifidum, proven to help eliminate or reduce the growth of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and to lower incidence of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea.
This multistrain formula can quickly restore the diversity of microflora after antibiotic use, with L. acidophilus particularly helpful in counteracting antibiotic-associated diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and constipation.
The probiotic strains L. paracasei, L. acidophilus, B. animalis subsp. lactis, B. bifidum, and B. longum have been shown to help reduce the production of pro-inflammatory substances and to alleviate the gastrointestinal effects of psychological stress. Reducing inflammation can help in the management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and food intolerances. Beneficial gut bacteria also play a role in the prevention and management of yeast overgrowth and urinary tract infections.
Each strain in this formulation has been carefully selected for its natural resistance to gastric acid, allowing the probiotics to reach the intestines at full potency. Critical Care Probiotic 55 Billion Active Cells has a guaranteed potency of 95 billion active cells per capsule at manufacture and at least 55 billion at expiry.
The diversity of gut microflora not only affects gastrointestinal health, but also the immune function; our resistance to pathogenic infection; and the adverse effects of stress on digestive health.
When antibiotics, stress, and dietary and lifestyle factors adversely affect the populations of good bacteria in our gut we are placed at increased risk of infectious and noninfectious diseases, including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans, and Clostridium difficile. These pathogens can cause increased inflammation and tissue damage throughout the body, gastrointestinal symptoms such as severe diarrhea, and other systemic effects such as yeast overgrowth and compromised immune function.
Bifidobacteria are the most prevalent friendly bacteria in the large intestine, while Lactobacilli are the main beneficial strain in the small intestine. They work together to maintain an effective intestinal barrier against pathogens; to reduce the production of pro-inflammatory substances; and to stimulate phagocytes, dendritic cells, and other immune system cells to destroy foreign organisms. These probiotics help maintain conditions in the gut that are unfavourable for pathogenic infection.
Many health care practitioners now recommend regular consumption of probiotics to maintain healthy gut microflora, as well as the use of probiotics when taking antibiotics, to restore gastrointestinal health and enhance immune function.Show Less
44.94$44.94MetaKids Baby Probiotic Non-GMO Gluten Free Vegetarian Helps support intestinal and gastroin… Show More
MetaKids Baby Probiotic
- Gluten Free
Helps support intestinal and gastrointestinal health. Could promote a favorable gut flora. Supports intestinal and gastrointestinal healthShow Less
5.49$5.49PROBIOTIC GUM Oral probiotic for your mouth Patented probiotic protects against infection C… Show More
- Oral probiotic for your mouth
- Patented probiotic protects against infection
- Clinically researched
- Controls & eliminates bad breath
- Prevents sore throats, ear infections & sinus problems
- Supports health of upper respiratory tract
- No sugar or artificial sweeteners
- Sweetened with xylitol
- Organic flavours
Fights Bad Breath & Improves Oral Health!
Canada’s first and only probiotic gum recognized and licensed by Health Canada to fight bad breath and improve oral health! Our tasty chewing gum is the revolutionary delivery system for this unique oral probiotic and ensures the most effective distribution in the mouth. Infection protection starts in the mouth. With 500 million friendly bacteria, CulturedCare™ Probiotic Gum provides the mouth with the probiotic protection and resistance it needs to fight the bacteria that cause bad breath. It is also recommended for us after antibiotic use to re-colonize the mouth with the health-promoting bacteria that are destroyed by antibiotics.
Made exclusively in Canada using proprietary technology that ensures the live probiotic bacteria remain active and effective. Organic flavours. 100% Vegan. Gluten-free! Contains NO artificial flavours, colours, preservatives or sweeteners, No GMO ingredients.Show Less
29.99$29.99Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion Active Cultures 10 Probiotic Strains NON-GMO Egg Free… Show More
- 50 Billion Active Cultures
- 10 Probiotic Strains
- Egg Free
- Gluten Free
- Mustard Free
- Peanuts Free
- Seafood Free
- Sesame Free
- Nuts Free
- Wheat Free
- No Artificial Colour or Preservative
- No Binders or Fillers
A potent daily multi-strain probiotic formula that provides 50 billion active cultures in a convenient, once a day capsule. Contains 10 different strains of live bacteria, with a combination of both Lactobacillus (20 billion active cultures) and Bifidobacterium (30 billion active cultures) strains. DAILY PROBIOTIC: Helps support intestinal and gastrointestinal health. GOOD BACTERIA: Source of probiotics that could promote a favourable gut flora. DELIVERY SYSTEM: Specialized acid-resistant vegetarian capsule helps protect live bacteria from harsh stomach acids. CONTAINS NO: Gluten, artificial colour or fillers. NON GMO: This product does not contain genetically modified material.Show Less
43.22$43.22HMF Forte Dairy Free Gluten Free Vegan Provides live microorganisms that temporarily modify gu… Show More
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Provides live microorganisms that temporarily modify gut flora
- Provides 20 billion CFU per daily dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
HMF Forte is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that help promote gastrointestinal health in adults and children. Supplementation with large numbers of a combination of microorganisms will help maximize intestinal colonization, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria. In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 22 adults, daily supplementation with a probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21) stimulated the restoration of microflora after it was altered by antibiotics. Likewise, research also demonstrates that a probiotic supplement containing CUL-21 can significantly colonize the gut of healthy adults. Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics, and are safe for both adults and children. They successfully colonize the intestines, increase the release of antimicrobial peptides from host cells, and decrease the proliferation of pathogens. Probiotics also control the permeability of epithelial cells by mediating tight junction formation, and prevent pathogenic adherence to cells by increasing mucin release on the intestinal surface.
1. Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.
2. Madden, JAJ, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. International Immunopharmacology. 2005; 5: 1091-1097.
3. Mahenthiralingam, E, Marchbank, A, Drevinek, P, Garaiova, I, Plummer, S. BMC Microbiology. 2009; 9: 251.
4. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.