Organika Marine Collagen 250g
Purchase directly from us and you'll receive
Organika’s Marine Collagen is an excellent alternative to bovine-sourced collagen
- Antibiotic Free
- No Artificial Ingredients
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Gluten Free
- Non GMO
- Soy Free
- Sustainably Sourced
- 100% pure, single ingredient
- Sustainably sourced from freshwater cod
- Composed of 15 amino acids to boost your overall health
- Odourless and flavourless
- 9 g of collagen per serving
- Paleo, keto and pescetarian friendly
- No additives
Collagen is the most abundant form of protein in our body, providing us with strength, elasticity, tone and structure. It acts like the ‘glue’ that holds the body together. We require it for healthy skin, connective tissues, muscles and bones. Internally, we have 27 different types of collagen, but there are three types that we use in the most abundance.
- Type 1 Collagen primarily goes towards the health of our hair, skin and nails; this type is found in fish and bovine skin
- Type 2 Collagen works best at building connective tissues, ligaments and cartilage, and is found in high amounts in poultry bones and cartilage
- Type 3 Collagen builds muscles and organs and is found in bovine hide
Since collagen is primarily found in animal skin and connective tissues, it makes sense that supplemental collagen is sourced from the skins, hides, scales, bones and cartilage of animals. Organika’s Marine Collagen is sourced from the scales of freshwater cod, giving pescatarians an excellent collagen option without eating legged-creatures.
If collagen is so abundant, why would we need to supplement? As we age, our endogenous collagen formation naturally decreases. This can be up to 50% by the time we hit age 45. The more active we are, the more of these collagen peptides we need to heal after exercise and sport. Plus lifestyle choices that promote free radical damage like smoking, chronic stress and chemical exposure from our food, water, and personal care products can use up our collagen faster.
All these losses can contribute to signs of premature aging, like fine lines and wrinkles, brittle nails, cellulite and dry skin, as well as joint and ligament issues like injuries, weakness and arthritis. Collagen also has been shown to increase moisture within the body, like in our skin and joints. It is great for healing the digestive tract and reducing inflammation. Look for improved immune responses, mood, blood sugar and bone and joint health with collagen supplementation.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENT — EACH HEAPING
|Hydrolyzed Collagen (Fish Scales)||5 g|
|Collagène hydrolysé (Écailles de poisson)||5 g|
|Providing the following / Fournit le suivant :|
|Alanine||9.1% (455 mg)|
|Arginine||5.4% (270 mg)|
|Aspartic Acid / Acide aspartique||4.6% (230 mg)|
|Glycine||24.4% (1,220 mg)|
|Hydroxylysine||0.5% (25 mg)|
|Hydroxyproline||7.3% (365 mg)|
|Isoleucine||0.9% (45 mg)|
|Leucine||2.1% (105 mg)|
|Lysine||2.7% (135 mg)|
|Methionine / Méthionine||1.0% (50 mg)|
|Phenylalanine / Phénylalanine||1.4% (70 mg)|
|Proline||9.3% (465 mg)|
|Protein / Protéine||90% (4,500 mg)|
|Serine / Sérine||3.0% (150 mg)|
|Threonine / Thréonine||2.9% (145 mg)|
|Valine||1.9% (95 mg)|
- Mix 2 heaping tablespoons (~10g) in half cup or more of water, juice or your favourite beverage daily
- Can be used raw or cooked without compromising ingredient quality
- Mix into your coffee/tea/hot or cold beverage
- Can be added to smoothies, yogurt, shakes, pancakes or any kind of raw energy snack or baking recipe
- Take any time of day – In the morning with your coffee, on the road/when travelling, before or after a workout or whenever you need an energy boost
- Blends easily; no clumps!
- Check out our blog for serving suggestions and recipes to enhance your routine
Healthy Planet Canada wants to ensure the complete and total accuracy of the product images and information contained on our website. However, some manufacturing changes to packaging or ingredients may be pending updates on our website.
Some items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging (recently updated by the supplier or manufacturer). While in these cases, ingredients are usually the same and only the packaging has been updated, we always recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Healthy Planet Canada.
Probiotics are refrigerated in our warehouse to ensure quality and optimal potency. They are also shipped with a FREE ice pack. Although the product may not be cold when it arrives, this ice pack helps maintain a cooler temperature during transit. We recommend considering weekend/holiday delays when ordering (I.E. ordering on a weekday and not on Friday or Saturday, or during holidays