Gold Top Pumpkin Seeds Raw 200g
Gold Top Organics' Pumpkin Seeds are:
- Whole pumpkin seeds
- From organically grown pumpkins
- No salt
- Manufactured in a peanut free and kosher approved facility
Why use this product?
Gold Top Organics' Pumpkin Seeds are in its simplest form: raw, non-transformed, non roasted and no added salts.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in many nutrients including magnesium, maganese, copper, zinc, vitamin K, phosphorous, and proteins. The nutrients may help:
- Boost the immune system
- Cell growth and division, sleep and mood
- Smell and taste senses
Pumpkin seeds have gained popular interest within the past decade. They contain several minerals, protein, and fibre that may help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Moreover, these nutrients may help in various processes in the body. Pumpkin seeds contain magnesium, a co-factor for more than 300 enzymes involved in critical bodily functions such as heart rate, insulin production, glucohomeostatis etc (Mg). A lack of magnesium has been associated with various health problems (Mg) cardiovascular diseases ( ), hypertension, and osteoporosis (bone loss). Research has shown that pumpkin seeds are high in antioxidants (1, 2, 3). Studies have show that antioxidants may help reduce inflammation (4).
Pumpkin seeds are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways in the diet. They are a good snack and add flavour to baked goods.
Ingredient : Organic, raw and whole pumpkin seeds
1 oz serving of pumpkin seeds provides
- 74 mg
- Equivalent to 17.6% - 23.9% of Estimated Average Requirements (EAR) of Magnesium intake for male and female adults aged 19 years and older, respectively (USDA composition, DRI).
- 2.92 mg
- Equivalent to 26.5 % of EAR for both male and female adults aged 19 years or more.
- 0.196 mg
- Equivalent to 21.8 % of EAR for both male and female adults aged 19 years and older (DRI).
- 5.6 g
- 11.4 % based on a 70 Kg adult 19 years or older (0.66g/kg/d) (DRI).
- 5.2 g
- Provides a range from 13.7 to 24.8 % of fibre needs depending on gender and age category (19 to over 70 years old) (DRI).
How to use this product:
- eat it as a snack
- add to baked goods (e.g. muffins, breads, cookies), and favourite dishes
- add to cereals or oatmeal