Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal 90 Veggie Caps
Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal
- Vegetarian, Dairy Free
- Helps to maintain immune function
- Unadulterated – no binders, non-pasteurized
- With added Organic Fruits and Vegetable Blend
- Made with RAW ingredients – not heated above 45.55°C
- Can improve the absorption of calcium and phosphorus
- Helps to form red blood cells and aid in their proper function
- Untreated – no pesticides, chemicals or chemical preservatives used
- Supports blood health with Iron, Vitamins C, E and B-Complex, plus Folate
- Helps to maintain proper muscle function and the function of the thyroid gland
- Assists in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums
- Vitamin, mineral and antioxidant supplement for the maintenance of good health
- Helps in tissue formation (including to produce and repair connective tissue) and aids in wound healing
- Helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins, and provides support for healthy glucose metabolism
- Helps to reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken daily prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy
- Assists pregnant women in meeting the (Institute of Medicine's) recommended intake of Iron, when taken in conjunction with a healthy diet
Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of women during pre-conception, pregnancy, and lactation. This unique formula is specially designed to provide immune support for mothers, not only during pregnancy but after birth as well.
During pregnancy, blood volume can increase up to 50%, raising iron requirements and causing the heart to work harder to support the developing child’s needs. The Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal formula supports blood health with raw food-created vitamin C, E and B-Complex, plus folate. Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal also contains 800 mcg of raw food created folate. Health Canada recommends at least 600 mcg of folate in support of healthy neural tube development before conception through at least the first trimester of pregnancy. Folate is a B vitamin found mostly in green leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale.
Medicinal Ingredients (per 3 capsules): Beta Carotene 1,000 mcg (1,667 IU), Vitamin C (from ascorbic acid) 20 mg, Vitamin D3 (from cholecalciferol) 8.25 mcg (330 IU), Vitamin E (from d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 6.7 mg AT (10 IU), Vitamin K1 (from phylloquinone) 16.67 mcg, Thiamine/Vitamin B1 (from thiamine hydrochloride) 0.5 mg, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.57 mg, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) 6.67 mg, Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine hydrochloride) 0.66 mg, Folate (from folic acid) 266.67 mcg, Vitamin B12 (from cyanocobalamin) 2 mcg, Biotin 100 mcg, Pantothenic Acid (from calcium-d-pantothenate) 3.33 mg, Iodine (from potassium iodide) 50 mcg, Calcium (from calcium carbonate) 23.33 mg, Magnesium (from magnesium oxide) 11.66 mg, Zinc (from zinc oxide) 2. 5 mg, Selenium (from selenium HVP chelate) 16.67 mcg, Copper (from copper sulfate) 233 mcg, Manganese (from manganese (II) sulfate) 0.67 mg, Chromium (from chromic chloride) 16.67 mcg, Molybdenum (from molybdenum HVP chelate) 25 mcg, Iron (Iron, carbonyl) 6 mg, Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Root 166.6 mg. Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic fruits and vegetable blend (organic strawberry, organic tart cherry, organic blackberry, organic blueberry, organic raspberry, organic beet, organic carrot, organic spinach, organic broccoli, organic tomato, organic kale, organic cabbage, organic parsley leaf, organic brussels sprout, organic green bell pepper, organic cucumber, organic celery, organic garlic, organic ginger root, organic green onion, organic cauliflower, organic asparagus), yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), silicon dioxide, tocopherols, mixed carotenes, hypromellose.
Direction (Adults) : Take 1 capsule, 3 times per day, with water or your favorite raw juice. If you have difficulty swallowing capsules, twist open 3 capsules daily, empty contents into a glass of water or your favourite raw juice, stir, and drink. Take with food and a few hours before or after taking other medications.