Get exclusive offers, free shipping events & more
Track your orders, View your order history and much more. Start a FREE account today!
All information submitted is encrypted
Add $59.99 to your cart to qualify for FREE SHIPPING!.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Add your review and earn 10 reward points.
Prices in Canadian Dollars
Sign up for price alert
Dry herbal blend for home preparation according to an old Swedish recipe. Traditionally used to stimulate digestive function, Swedish Bitters can help to improve mental and physical energy, circulation and more. Flora's Swedish Bitters is a combination of herbs including Aloe, Rhubarb root, Senna pods, Licorice, Fennel, Angelic and others, whose bitter qualities help to cleanse and tone the liver; ease digestive upset; stimulate the gallbladder function and promote regularity. Swedish Bitters have been used for years and valued for their healing and restorative properties.
To prepare the tincture, empty the content of package (35 g) in a wide necked bottle containing 750 ml (3 cups) vodka. Shake daily. After 8 days, strain through a clean cheese cloth or fine mesh.
Adults: Shake the bottle before using. Dilute 1 tsp (5 ml) in water or herbal tea, take once in the morning and once in the evening.
CAUTIONS:Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking any medications or if you have a medical condition.
Do not exceed recommended dosage. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if diarrhea, abdominal cramps, spasms, and/or pain occur.
Keep out of reach of children.
Consult a health care practitioner for use as a laxative beyond 1 week at a time.
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have acute stomach irritation, inflammation, stomach or duodenal ulcers, and/or intestinal obstruction, or if you are allergic to anethole or plants of the Apiaceae/carrot family.
Hypersensitivity has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.
I use this to make a salve (soak in olive oil for 2 weeks, then add beeswax) for a mysterious rash that my son has on his chin. The people in the clinic didn't know what to do about it and nothing else I tried putting on there worked. But this stuff works great!
Very good product and recommended for internal and external use, please refer to Maria Treben book "Health Through God's Pharmacy".
This is the best and most cost-effective way to have Swedenbitters. Simply pour the contents of the packet into a 1L glass jar or bottle, preferably with dark glass. Fill with potato vodka and let steep in a dark, warm place for at least six weeks, but the longer the better. Potato vodka has different enzymes from grain alcohol and extracts more of the bitters' properties. There is no need to strain out the herbs, as they are full of awesome goodness. Use the liquid and when you reach the herbs at the bottom, leave enough liquid to cover them and prevent them going moldy. I suggest making another batch when you get halfway through the first to ensure there is a constant supply. Use the herbs a little bit at a time in smoothies. I have yet to find more recipes for them, but I feel they would compliment red meats well as a part of a rich sauce perhaps.
For those who have never tried Swedenbitters before, let me warn you -- it is very bitter. Once you are used to the flavor you can take it without making a face. I suggest adding a teaspoon to a half cup of water if taking it straight is too intimidating or strong. How you take bitters and when also affects what it does for your body. You can:
1. Take it as an apertif before heavy meals. It stimulates the juices and enzyme production. Additionally it can help alleviate heartburn, indigestion, bloating, gas, and overall make digestion an improved experience.
2. For constipation, take a tablespoon or more (whatever you feel is best for you) in a glass of water and sip a couple times a minute. Slowly taking it this way can really get your bowels moving, and if you don't have constipation this might give you many trips to the bathroom. You can do this any time of the day, but aim for taking it just before you relax, such as before bed, on a day off, just after work, or whatever.
3. For loose stool caused by digestive disturbance, an inappropriate food, or IBS, take a tablespoon in water and drink it all at once. It will clease out what your body is trying to get rid of, and will slow a quick bowel. I don't suggest taking it when loose stool is caused by antibiotics or a nasty bowel bug, although for the latter I would try a half teaspoon.
4. To cleanse your body and set you up for the day, take a teaspoon or more in a mug of warm water and drink in two to three minutes first thing when you get up. Don't have coffee after unless you know you won't be running to the bathroom too much.
5. To alleviate gut pressure or pain, drink a tablespoon in a cup of warm water.
6. To boost immunity and for overall maintenance, take a teaspoon in a small glass of water before bed every night.
These are all things I have discovered from personal experience. Hope it helps someone.
Very good et complete product for the fall body cleanse, at low cost.
View Price In Cart
You Save 20%