Treat your guests to a healthy and natural take on the traditional slider with Chef Suzy’s Quinoa & Chia Sliders. These delicious finger foods combine hearty tri-color quinoa and black chia with acorn squash, a flavorful avocado puree to create your new party-ready favorite!
- In a small bowl, combine water with Milled Chia Seed until paste has formed and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cooked Tri-Color Quinoa, squash, onion, Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour, serrano pepper, tarragon, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon rice bran oil.
- Add chia mixture until fully incorporated.
- Oil hands with ½ tablespoon of rice bran oil, and form slider mixture into ¼ cup patties.
- In a large sauté pan, place remaining ½ tablespoon rice bran oil over medium heat.
- Sauté quinoa sliders for 4 minutes, until browned.
- Flip quinoa sliders and sauté on side 2, for 3 minutes.
- Serve warm on mini pretzel buns with fresh spinach and avocado puree.