The change in weather that accompanies the start of Winter often serves as a reminder that it’s time for us to be extra mindful about immune support.
Here are some basic actions that you can take to boost your immune system during the winter months:
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently throughout the day
- Keep surfaces clean. Use disinfectant wipes to clean your desk, computer, telephone, etc.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth
- Wash out your water bottle daily
- Incorporate lean meat, dairy, eggs and legumes into the diet and avoid refined sugars and unhealthy fats (saturated and trans-fats)
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin C, such as oranges, lemons, strawberries, peppers, Brussels sprouts and broccoli
- Eat more garlic; it has immune system boosting properties
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep
- Manage your stress. An increase in stress may interrupt optimal immune system function
- Participate in moderate physical activity for 35 minutes daily
This article has ben provided to you by Natural factors blog.