|Cook Time||25 - 35minutes|
|Submitted By||Avra from Love Wild Live Free|
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 lbs yellow fleshed potatoes about 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion about 3/4 lbs
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- fresh ground pepper to taste about a 1/2 to 1 tsp
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup deodorized oleic sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 2 cookie sheets with unbleached, chlorine-free parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp filtered water and allow to stand for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Wash and peel potatoes. Coarsely grate the potato and onion in a food processor, or by hand using a box grater.
- Place the potato and onion mixture into a fine sieve, or a colander lined with cheesecloth. Allow the excess liquid to drain out over the sink or a large bowl. Press firmly to remove moisture, stirring and repeating until most of the liquid has been drained.
- Add potatoes and onion to the flax mixture in the large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well, ensuring that everything is evenly incorporated.
- Distribute pancake mixture onto your prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. To make 12 large pancakes use a 1/2 cup measurement, and for 24 smaller pancakes use a 1/4 cup measurement. Using the bottom of the measuring cup or a fork, press down on pancakes to flatten.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bottoms are golden and crisp. Flip, then bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the pancakes are golden. Keep an eye on the smaller sized pancakes as they will take a shorter amount of time to cook. These latkes are best served hot with apple sauce or a vegan sour cream of your choosing!
This Recipe has been provided to you bu Bob's red mill blog