Healthy Planet is back with @sabrinavirdee and dropping yet another healthy recipe for the family. The ultimate side dish or a stand alone star, the Spring Chickpea Salad can be used in any setting! Lunch, dinner or a snack, you choose! #livelifehealthy
Spring Chickpea Salad
1 can of Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 can Corn drained (fresh corn if possible)
1 can of Chickpeas drained and rinsed
½ Red Bell Pepper diced
½ Orange Bell Pepper diced
½ medium Red Onion finely diced
½ cup fresh Cilantro finely chopped
2 Jalapenos seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1/8 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ cup Olive Oil
½ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp ground Black Pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and toss to combine. Taste and adjust as necessary until the flavors really pop—I usually add another teaspoon or two of vinegar.
2. Cover and chill to marry the flavors—preferably overnight or at least 2 hours. Serve in individual bowls as is, or with a protein of choice!
OTHER FUN WAYS TO ENJOY!
1. Top with avocado’s for some healthy fats
2. Pile it onto nachos or serve it as black bean salsa with tortilla chips.
3. Use it as a filling for burritos or quesadillas (leaving as much of the liquid behind as possible)
Recipe created by: @sabrinavirdee