These quick, whole-grain sweet buns are sure to make your morning pleasant. This recipe can be found on our bags of Organic Ivory Whole Wheat Flour.
|Cook Time||22 - 25minutes|
|Submitted By||Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods|
- 2-1/2 cups Organic Ivory Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Butter melted, divided
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 oz Cream Cheese soft
- 1/4 cup Butter soft
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray or butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk and 2 Tbsp melted butter and mix until a smooth, wet dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured board, sprinkle with flour and roll into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle mixture over the sheet of dough, leaving a ½-inch border around the edge. Starting at one short end, tightly roll the dough to the opposite end to form a log. Pinch the seam to seal. Trim ends if needed and cut log into eight rounds.
- Arrange rounds, cut sides up, in the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 22 – 25 minutes. Immediately turn out onto a serving platter.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare cream cheese glaze: In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until well incorporated then add buttermilk and vanilla. Glaze cinnamon rolls just before serving.