A few simple tweaks dress-up our Gluten Free Brownie Mix for the winter holidays. This recipe is formulated to work with our new version of Gluten Free Brownie Mix.
|Cook Time||20 - 25minutes|
|Submitted By||Sarah House for the Bob's Red Mill Test Kitchen|
- 21 oz Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 3 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream Cheese soft
- 4 oz Butter soft
- 2-1/2 - 3 cups Powdered Sugar to taste
- 2 - 4 drops Peppermint Extract (optional)
- Peppermint Candies crushed, to garnish (about 6 standard candy canes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch pan with baking spray.
- Place Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix in a large mixing bowl and beat in butter, egg, and vanilla and peppermint extracts until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool at least 30 minutes.
- While the brownies are cooling, mix the cream cheese and butter until well combined and there are no lumps. Add the powdered sugar and optional peppermint extract and mix until creamy and slightly fluffy.
- Frost the cooled brownies with the cream cheese frosting and decorate with the crushed peppermint candies. Cut into 16 portions and serve.