Try using other nuts such as walnuts or hazelnuts in this classic pie recipe.
- 1/2 package Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix , prepared and chilled
- 1-1/2 cups Pecans chopped (185g)
- 3/4 cup Sugar (170g)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar packed (70g)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Corn Syrup (330g)
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted (10g)
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature until malleable. Roll chilled dough into a 12-inch circle between two pieces of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Remove top layer of plastic; invert and center dough over a 9-inch nonstick pie pan. Press crust into place, then remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim edges and flute. Freeze for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar and salt. Add the corn syrup, melted butter, bourbon and vanilla and mix well then add the eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer and fill evenly with chopped pecans. Pour batter over the pecans and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue to bake until center is set, about 35 – 45 minutes.
- Let cool at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe has been provided by Bob's red mill blog