Unlike a good old bacterial infection, there’s no pill you can take that’ll make it just go away. It’s easy to feel powerless, frustrated, and, well, just plain sick. Luckily, between your bed, your kitchen cabinets, and some powerful herbs and nutrients, you can get back on your feet in no time.
- H20: You must have heard it a million times: drink plenty of fluids. Hydration equals health, and drinking enough water (preferably warm) will help you bounce back.
- Lemon & Honey: A soothing tea made with fresh lemon juice and raw honey hydrates while providing much-needed nutrients to help you heal. Honey actually helps to soothe sore throats and coughs better than over the counter medications. Add grated ginger for extra relief.
- Echinacea: This purple-flowering plant is renowned for its immune stimulating power. Both traditional medicine and the scientific community agree: take Echinacea, and you’ll have fewer symptoms, for less time. Using a standardized extract such as Echinamide™ is the best way to ensure you’ll get better, sooner.Pull out all the cold-busting stops with Echinamide Quick-Blast softchews for soothing relief of sore throats and sinus congestion.
- Zinc: Taking zinc at the first sign of symptoms can help reduce the length of time you’ll feel sick, so keep this antioxidant on hand for emergency cold & flu prevention!
- Vitamin C: Not only has vitamin C been shown to reduce the duration of cold symptoms,it’s an essential nutrient for optimal health.
- Rest: Sleep is the single most effective natural remedy for illness. Take advantage of this forced down time to cozy up with your pillow. The world will wait while you give your body the support it needs to recover.
These are some of my go-to remedies – what works for you? Share your favourite tips for surviving cold and flu season!
This article is provided to you by Natural factors blog.