Apple pies in a jar are a fun way to serve individual pies or give them as gifts to friends and family. Recipe courtesy of Home. Made. Interest.
|Submitted By||Melinda Caldwell from Home. Made. Interest.|
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and diced (approx. 6 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- Pre-heat oven at 350.
- Use your pie crust dough (see recipe link in blog post) to coat the inside of the mason jars. Pull off small pieces and mold them together on the inside of the glass keeping the thickness of the crust to about ¼ inch.
- In bowl mix together apples, sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Making sure apples are completely coated in the dry mixture.
- Fill jars with apple mixture until just below the lower rim where the threads for the lid start.
- Add 1 pat of butter to the top of the mixture (about 1 tbsp).
- Roll out your remaining pie crust to ¼ inch thick and cut ½" strips and weave a lattice top for the pie.
- Place jars on a baking sheet and cover them with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered and 25-35 minutes uncovered.
- When the crust is golden brown remove and let cool before packaging or eating.