This is sort of a special occasion item. But, it’s totally doable, because you can spread the work out over the course of a few days and it is totally worth it! Recipe courtesy of Foxes Love Lemons.
|Submitted By||Lori Yates from Foxes Love Lemons|
- 1-1/4 cups Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour plus additional for flouring work surface and rolling pin
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp ice water
- For the Apple & Pecan Tart:
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- In bowl of food processor fitted with knife blade attachment, pulse flour, sugar and salt until combined. Add butter; process 10 to 15 seconds or until mixture resembles a coarse meal (all chunks of butter should be smaller than pea-sized). Add egg yolk; pulse until just combined.
- With processor running, pour ice water through feed tube in slow, steady stream and process until dough just holds together (no longer than 15 seconds). Transfer dough to work surface. Shape into disk; wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Dough can also be frozen up to 1 month (thaw in refrigerator overnight before using).
- Make the Apple & Pecan Tart: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In clean food processor fitted with knife blade attachment, process egg, pecans, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Lightly flour work surface and rolling pin; roll dough into 13-inch round. Transfer to 9½-inch round tart pan; pat down and cut off excess dough. Spread Maple-Pecan Butter evenly over bottom of crust; arrange apples over Maple-Pecan Butter. Sprinkle apples with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons butter. Transfer to oven and bake 1 hour or until apples are golden brown and tender. Transfer to wire rack; cool 20 minutes before serving.
- To serve, garnish tart with additional pecans, if desired. Slice and serve tart with Bourbon Caramel Sauce.